Ashray Akruti’s Rehabilitation Centre for Children with Special Needs in Borabanda, Hyderabad provides intervention services to children in the age group of 0 to 18 with various disabilities. The children are screened and provided the most appropriate therapy/therapies by qualified Physiotherapists, Speech Therapists, Occupational therapists and Behavioral therapists. Each child is given individual sessions throughout the week with Saturdays mainly reserved for group therapies. The professionals help children achieve their optimum level of independence within home,school, and community.
The Centre encourages parental involvement in understanding the therapies. Free hearing aids, counseling, linking persons with disabilities to Government Schemes and entitlements are also some of the services provided by this Centre.
- Assessment and Evaluation of each child for the type and severity of disability
- Speech and Language Therapy to develop communication skills among hearing and speech impaired using the most appropriate therapy
- Physio Therapy to help increase child’s range of motor control, coordination, self-care, and play skills
- Occupational Therapy to assist children function in their respective roles and perform activities, to promote skill development and independence in everyday activities
- Early Intervention Therapy to help children(from birth to 3 years) learn life skills; Services include therapy to help the child talk, walk, and interact with others
- Counseling Services to the parents and care givers to cope with the child’s disability and also their own anxieties
- Help access to government and community schemes and resources Families are guided appropriately to avail the existing schemes for children with disability
- Individual and Group Therapy: One to one therapy and group therapy is planned for the children by the special educators in consultation with the speech and physio therapist.